|Participants||Thousands of testers.|
|Date||July 9th, 2013 - October 7th, 2013|
Beta Test, or Mech Mice Beta was a special event that started on July 9, 2013 and ended on October 7, 2013, lasting approximately 3 months. Everyone had the ability to sign up for the beta test at no cost.
Mech Mice experienced a beta testing stage where players were able to test Mech Mice before the full release. Players were awarded Beta for participating. They also had an option to purchase the Founder Units, which would never return after the Beta Test.
- The Beginning - (1-1) - Launched July 9, 2013 - Public
- Desert Ambush - (1-2) - Launched July 9, 2013 - Public
- Siege at Tumbleweed - (1-3) - Launched July 9, 2013 - Public
- Fighting Frenzy - (1-4) - Public - (Originally Founder's Access until September 19, 2013)
- Scouring The Desert - (1-5) - Launched July 9, 2013 - Public (Originally Founder's Access)
- The Swarm - (1-6) - Launched July 9, 2013 - Founder's Access
- Night Falls - (2-1) - Launched August 2013 -Founder's Access
- The Dark Path - (2-2) - Launched August 23, 2013 - Founder's Access
- Into the Darkness - (2-3) - Launched September 2013 - Founder's Access
- Algernon's Laboratory - (2-4) - Launched September 25, 2013 - Founder's Access
- Over 725 bugs were fixed.
- 52,710 levels were played.
- 15,647 hours were played.
- 1,322,406 shots were taken.
- 800,620 enemies were defeated.
- 8,679,602 hexes were traveled.
- 513,969 enemy shots were taken.
- 27,517 units were defeated.
- People were able to reserve usernames during the Beta Testing, though usernames were later removed on March 1, 2014.
- There was no multiplayer interaction during Beta Testing.
- People who participated received Beta the Grunt.
- The Beta was delayed 3 times - it was delayed in late 2012, early 2013 and was finally released in mid 2013.
- Near the end the Mech Mice Blog had a countdown for the end of the beta test.
- The Mech Mice team decided to give all players who purchased the Founder's Package every unit unlocked near the end of the beta.
- Until July 25, 2013, before usernames were implemented, players had to use their email to sign in.
- Almost all dialogue for all levels were changed after the Beta Test.